What We Do
Bloom Consulting conducts research and policy work across the lifespan, from pre-natal through the end of life, with projects that impact health, human services, economic, and quality of life issues. Bloom Consulting, LLC was founded in 2012 with a focus on policy and program research, reporting, facilitation, and project management. Through key partnerships, Bloom Consulting also works in strategy, design, and information architecture.
About Bloom Consulting
Kirsten Smith is Bloom Consulting, LLC’s principal. Kirsten has over 13 years of experience working with state and local clients on a wide range of projects. She is a project manager, researcher, facilitator, writer, and evaluator. Kirsten enjoys and has deep experience working with diverse clients and topics.
Kirsten is trained as a facilitator and strategic planner using methods developed by the Institute of Cultural Affairs. She is also a certified Project Management Professional from the Project Management Institute. Kirsten has a Master of Public Affairs from the LBJ School of Public Affairs and a Master of Arts in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies from the University of Texas at Austin.
Kirsten is also an active community member, volunteering as a:
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children in the Child Protective Services system.
- Fundraiser, instructor, and previous board member for the Montana Ballet Company.
After many nomadic years, Kirsten settled in Bozeman, Montana in 2008. She enjoys exploring her beautiful surroundings hiking, rafting, and skiing, as well as reading, quilting, and spending time with her husband, friends, and dog.
Who We Work With
Kirsten Smith founded Bloom Consulting, LLC in 2012 so she could focus on the policy and program research and facilitation work she loves. Kirsten has been fortunate to work with a wide variety of clients since establishing Bloom, including:
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, Senior Long Term Care Division, Addictive and Mental Disorders Division, Disability Services Division, Early Childhood Services Bureau andHuman, Community Services Division, and Family and Community Health Bureau
- Montana Healthcare Foundation
- Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services
- Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Washington Department of Social and Health Services
- Oregon Department of Human Services
- Montana Centers for Independent Living
- Montana Afterschool Alliance
- Greater Gallatin United Way
- Gallatin County Early Childhood Community Council
Please contact us to learn how Bloom Consulting can help your organization.